Monday, August 10, 2009

A New Bishopric

Sunday was a reorganizing day in our ward. The Bishop stayed in but every other member of our bishopric was changed. I am not one to enjoy change, and this may be the time to make an effort for a change of mind set for me. Don was called as the Membership clerk for the River Ridge 4th Ward, and was set apart by Prs. Duke of the River Ridge Stake.
I don't think it is a coincidence that I have been called and been training the last few weeks to be a recorder at the Jordan River Temple. The callings have similar responsibilties and each training session whether it was for me or on Dons' Tutorial starts with the scripture ref: Matt 16:18 ...."whatsoever thou shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven", and also D&C 128:8 ..."a different view of the translation whatsoever you record on earth shall be recorded in heaven, and whatsoever you do not record on earth shall not be recorded in heaven".
The Lord work in many ways to make sure his work is completed and we witness this each and every week, as we watch the miracles that take place to make sure the work continues in a timely manner. I love working in the Temple!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That's a wonderful new calling for both of you! I love working in the Temple too! It doesn't get any better than that does it? You know I always visit your blog too and enjoy it very much, even though I don't always comment either! I missed seeing you too, but sometimes I just don't have the stamina to keep up! Next year---right?

Katie said...

How exciting, thank you for sharing.