Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy 41st to Us ! ! !

My Sweet Husband gave me the most wonderful Anniversary Weekend. We spent Thursday morning in the Temple. Left just after noon. Lunch at Wendys' and drove to St George. Spent the evening in Washington, Utah with Reed and Jane Brown, and Barkley, Max and Mollie. We sat outside after dark around a fire pit and picked out constellations. In the morning we were able to better appreciated the wonderful view they have of Pine Mountain and the Peaks of Zion Ntl Park.
We went to Hurricane for Pecans. Walmart for yarn. Drove the New Highway along the Turtle Preserve from Washington to Santa Clara. Marvs for lunch. Tried to pay for the missionaries lunch only to find out they eat there free. Hooray for Marvs. We made sure they had enough to have a good dinner that evening and went on our way. Rode with Reed and Jane to several Pottery stores trying to find a replacement for one of the Pots in thier back yard. Mostly in Santa Clara, found what they wanted at Dirt Cheap, and Located the new location of Blue Bonnie Ice Cream Parlor. Back to Washington for a relaxing afternoon, then Dinner at Pancho and Leftys (I love Mexican Food ) . We watched the Movie Enchanted and I am enchanted with the story, sorry to say it was my first time seeing this movie. Now I know why Berlynn dances while she cleans.
Saturday we went to Springdale and Oscars for Lunch, then into the Park. I love living in Utah we have the most beautiful places to visit. This is only one of the many many pict we took. Back to St. George where We tried to find Dons' Uncle Blaine and Aunt Carrie to wish him a happy B'Day, but they were not home. We had Ice Cream at the General Store at Green Square B&B downtown St. George. The company was the best and we enjoyed a very quiet evening with the Browns at their home just visiting and catching up on old times. They have a very comfortable quest room, and they make you feel very welcome. There is Chocolate even in the Bathroom!
You have to call ahead because their calendar is very full with everyone who wants to spend time with them.
After Sacrament Meeting with Reed and Jane, we returned to South Jordan, THE LONG WAY! We came home up 89 and stopped to see Brian, Robyn, Shae and Wyatt in Monroe. Although we only spent a very short time with them it is always great to see them. Thanks for putting up with us. This picture is North of the Big Rock Candy Mountain, but still south of Monroe. It took us 4 1/2 hours to get to St George on Thursday, but It took more than 7 hours to Get home Sunday afternoon.

We crossed over at the Mt Carmel Jct. and North to I70, Don indulged me several times by stopping and letting me get out and take pictures. I am oh so grateful for Digital Cameras'. Now I don't have to worry about running out of film or reloading, but I do have to watch the battery life.
Sorry if we missed seeing anyone or everyone, I was very happy to have my husband all to myself. I did almost finish one more afghan, I will be putting yours in the mail Haliava. We had a great time. Hugs to anyone who could last through this very long post. Aunt Susan

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Yeah - I love "love stories" and am glad you had such a great time. Congratulations to you both!

Katie said...

Congrats! It was fun to read about your trip.

The Bowler Five said...

Congrats on so many years. We want to follow in your example! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.