
We are in a very important time in political history of our United States. We have not only the opportunity but the responsibility to investigate, evaluate and pray about the way we will vote.
In my youth I had the pleasure of spending time with two very outspoken grandfathers, each being of a different political party, and each being a very good man.
As a teenager I remember my Grandpa Mc asking someone who was complaining about the state of the local government, if he had voted. When the reply was “no” Grandpa simply said. “If you don’t vote you can’t complain.” I believe this and firmly practice that policy in my life. I am proud to say I have voted in every primary and general election that has been in my eligibility lifetime.
This year is somewhat different, because I am very tired of the election process, probably because we have had political ads for way to long of a time, also who set the rule that you can and do say awful things about your opponent whether it is true or not. The impression has been made and very few people see the retraction that is all too often made on the back page of the newspaper or on an off hour news program on a seldom watched TV station.
How do we teach those we are responsible for that Honesty is important if those we elect and put into positions of importance are so completely and blatantly dishonest. And how do we know if it the candidate or simply those in a position for public notices that are the ones saying these things. Sure at the end of every ad they say “This is ------- -------- and I approved this ad”, but do they really and if so why do they retract it the very next day.
There are those out there who would try to influence my thinking and investigation by sending those special “FW” messages that are usually not true, half truths or completely taken out of the context of the message from which they originated, on a lighter note, November is only 3 months away and then it will be over.


No comments:
Post a Comment