Friday, February 29, 2008

Just a few random thought from one old lady

Yesterday was a beautiful day, by South Jordan Standards it was Sweater Weather. We went for a walk, I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a nature walk, as nature is still sleeping here. We walked just over 2 miles, to the Tempe and back and by the time we returned it was nap time and both 2 yr olds' were ready for naps. Gavin at 4, thought he was too old to give in to the nap suggestion and waited until 10 minutes before his Dad picked him up and then fell asleep standing up with his head on the arm or the sofa it was cute, but then he was very upset when he was awakened to go home.
I was supposed to teach an Enrichment class last night, it was to teach Some of the sisters in our area to Crochet, This is my third class and we have had a great turnout the previous two months, but last evening must have not been very well planned out. We had several sign up but no one showed up. Dad and I had finished Painting the Wall in the Hall above the Stairs, a "Milk Chocolate Brown" and hung the pictures He received for Christmas. Cleaned the Mirror in the Living room and vacuumed and swept the hardwood entry. Then I sat with my Dad and was able to finish one more "ABC" afghan. (Oh if I could get caught up). We watched the B'Ball game and then the early news. I had to fore go Parkers' Birthday Party at Chuckie Cheese all for naught. I have forgotten some of the classes I have signed up for, so I was not angry. In fact I enjoyed the quiet time I spent with my Dad.
Sunday My Brother Monte came by and we were talking about some of our experiences as children growing up in South Jordan. We had the best of both worlds, because we were just minutes from what we thought was the wilderness of the Jordan River, and still within a few driving minutes to Shopping Centers. We could ride the horses for hours on end or play baseball with the neighbor kids in a field between the houses. We were so blessed to have the open spaces around us as we were growing up. Monte also brought up something he remembered from a history class. President George Washington said that "Service" is one of the strongest words in the English language and because of that our military would be called "Service Men" Because they were giving up and sacrificing for our country, for our freedoms and for our people. Service is and has always been a very real part of our lives, we were taught a youth to serve others not for the financial gain but for the joy it would bring to our hearts. We have planned and implemented Service projects for School, Church and Community. It only makes sense to me that this is a special and significant title for our Men and Women serving our Country and Other countries throughout the world. Just a few random thought from an old lady

No comments: